THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 25, 2007

So busy!

It has been a while since i posted but i have been busy this week and keep getting distracted. Felicia left to go back to the states (for work) so for the next three weeks it's just Joe, the kids and me. In this first week he is has been doing this thing where he is working like 12hr shifts so that means i have to look after the kids while he is at work (6pm-6am) and while he sleeps during the day :( but at least they are giving me extra money for it.

Last week was good, i got to go to an autumn festival (aki matsuri) it was the first festival i have been to since i have been here. There were fireworks, dancing and good food - it was fun. I also went to a hawaian resturant and out to see some sights. My friend and i went past these neon covered hotels and he told me they were 'love hotels' so you can imagine what they are used for...at least they are pretty. I also saw feilds of these flowers (i forget the name) with small lanterns over them to simulate the sun - i wish i had my camera on me because it was so beautifu. I got to go shopping in Naha (largest city in Okinawa) finally so that was fun - many shops :)

The weather at the moment is really nice - it's not too hot but it's still sunny, and there is a lovley breeze. I was sitting outside yesterday and looking at the view wishing i could be doing something fun :p hopefully it will still be nice on the weekend. I have been practicing my Japanese and picking up bits along the way. I bought the DVD fruits basket (anime) on amazon and because Joe has a p.o. box on base it should come really quickly (and the postage is cheap too) yay!

Well i am pretty tired - i never get to sleep in here so sometime i am going to need to go sleep at someone else's house (you try going out late then getting woken up early by noisy children every weekend!) Last night Ariana woke up at 11:30 and when i asked her what she wanted she said 'candy' so i was kind of annoyed. On a good note the kids and i found a new park - it is part of some school or something but there was nobody there so we played for a while.
Halloween is comming up soon and although Japanese people don't really celebrate halloween they decorate everything for it so it's kinda cool. I am hoping to get a carving pumpkin from the grocery store on base and do one of thoes. I did one once in Australia but it wasn't really designed for that and it took ages to scoop all the insides out. Also people take their kids on base and do trick or treating there so i really want to go do that too!

Anyway that's all for now, i will post again when i have something interesting to say. But check out my photo gallery beacuse i have updated it http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/cc177/From_Japan/

Jya ne!

0 comments: