THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 1, 2007

It's so hot!



Hey again. This was a pretty good week. On Monday and Tuesday i didn't do much exept go out for tea in the evening. On Wednesday i caught a bus for the first time to Chatown. The busses here are pretty expensive so that sucks! I went to the electronic store and bought a Japanese to English electronic dictionary. It was expensive but i was really happy to get one because i have wanted one for so long. It recognizes kanji so i can draw them in with a stylus and find out what it says so that rocks! I found some English instructions on the ineternet so i know how to use it. Later i went to the shoping centre and when i was leaving i saw these two girls doing this dancing/singing/rapping thing. It was weird but they were pretty good, if i knew what they were saying. Above is a picture if me and Ariana being silly in front of the webcam :p



I have talked to a few different people in Japanese and it has been good so far. Most of the time it is just sales people but sometimes i see this lady when the kids and i go for a walk and she always says hello. She asked me once wether the kids were my siblings and i didn't know how to say i was their nanny so i just said yes - lol. I have also been talking to alot of American people. I am not quite used to saying the words they use like ketchup and diapers also buiscits are not sweet they are these pastry things (they call buiscits cookies).

On friday it was airman appreciation day which mean Felicia and Joe came home early and i got the afternoon off! I went to the max value and bought a dvd, and even though it's in Japanese the kids still watch it (i am so sick of watching charlotts web and spongebob squarepants). I also bought a text book for my Japanese, i am trying to learn Kanji. The weird thing is the text on it, it says: "You are the only one. Heal your mind my singing voice." I also picked up a manga comic thing, i want to practice reading and there is kanji with furigana (the small hirigana above it) so that will help me too. I found a website with the kanji children in grade 1 in Japan learn (there are 80) so i am starting with that but there are so many to learn. There is a kanji dictionary called the Daikanwa Jiten and it contains 50,000 different kanji which is thought to be comprehensive but more recent mainland Chinese dictionarys contain 80,000 or more characters but most of these are not in common use in either Japan nor China. I got that information from wikipedia so it is probably true.



I was looking at stuff on youtube recently and i found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brh6KRvQHBc it is a live action version of the simpsons intro i thought it was pretty good. I also found this Japanese thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFVoLz88hiU it is too weird! I have been watching lots of naruto too ^_^ thanks mick!


I went to a 100 yen store for the first time on Saturday :) i bought a bunch of stuff - it was fun! I saw thoes party popper cone shaped things you see in anime alot and when i have something to celebrate i will buy some. I have been enjoying it so far here but i have been a bit lonley so i decided to make some Japanese friends. On Saturday night i met up with a Japanese girl from the internet. Her name is Rian, she is 20 and lives in Yomitan too. She is nice and we had a good time, we went out for drinks and to some random arcade. There was this little market on and it was really cool, i want to go back there sometime.



On Sunday Felicia and i went shopping and i ate at Moss burger. I remember one of my Japanese teachers Kaoru said was good - i told her if i went to Japan i would eat there and now i have! I had a rice burger which is like a normal burger but the patties are just rice - i liked it. The one thing we thought was funny was their slogan was 'hamburger is my life'. I have also tried a matcha (green tea powder) flavoured ice cream and it is nice, not alot like matcha though.



Not much else to say really, i want to do more shopping and go into Naha city but by bus it'll cost me $10-$15 one way so i am hoping one of my new friends can take me :) There are lots of things i want to see in the area like the castle ruins and Rocktober fest is on next week (Like Octoberfest but with Japanese rock music). Also i am still trying to find a bikini for myself - it seems really hard but it shouldn't be because it is so hot here (some days its over 30 degrees) and there are so many nice beaches! So that's all for now, thanks for everyones nice comments and emails i would love to know what's happening with everyone too. I will post again next week.



-Alicia


0 comments: